Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Petronia and Xiang MM Chapter 9


The following day at the dress shop while trying on dress after dress Lucy brought up Xiang’s promotion. “So I hear your fiancé got promoted.” She said casually. “Yes he did. Did you have anything to do with it?” wondered Petronia. “Not entirely, he was going to get the promotion anyway but I just sped up the process so he got it sooner. His boss thinks highly of him anyway so it was actually easy to have done. I told you life would be comfortable. You’ll be receiving one also at your day job too.” Lucy explained “Come on enough about work lets get Petronia in some hideous dresses.” Cyril complained.



Suddenly the Petronia’s cell started to ring. “Can we hold that thought for a minute while I answer this.” She said before picking up the phone. “Hello?”


“Hey Petronia, heard the news congratulations.” Said Ruby “ Hi Ruby, how are things going with you? How was visiting your other half’s family?” Asked Petronia “Horrible. It was just horrible. His mother is really a wretched thing and we have a new house guest since his brother Gary got transferred here. Send my thanks to Lucy for that. I was wondering if you could get Fallon or Cyril to take him out and show him around or something just get him out of my ....


Beep. BeepBeep. Beep. Beep..BeepBeep.

“What the?! Not again ….. I am on the phone here.”



“I need to make a phone call.”


“I am on the phone, you can wait. What phone call do you have to make that is so important? ”


“I have to call the…..” Cutting him off Ruby says “I’ll have to call you back later.” Click.


“What was that all about?” Cyril asked. “Ruby says to thank you for transferring Gary here Lucy.” Petronia said ignoring Cyril’s question. “See what you get to look forward to Petronia?” Fallon jeered. “Cyril when we get back to the office send a note to Ruby that she will be compensated for the burden of Gary. And Fallon you are chosen to show him around town to give her a break.” said Lucy as they left the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment